Monday, May 3, 2010

Back from Vacay

LOVE CABO!

Totes going back there.  I took some sweet-a** pics, which I will try to post here {anonymously, of course}.

The weather was great, the food was so good that I think I packed on a few pounds, and the sun shone down on me for 7 straight days.  I couldn't have been happier...well, except for my job.  But that will come in another post.

There's only one downside to Cabo: the ocean is virtually un-swimmable.  SAD FACE!!!  I am a strong swimmer surfer.  Yes, you read that correctly - I can surf.  My parents threw me on a board when I was young {they're 70's hippies...don't judge} and I've never looked back.  I'm somewhat of a water-baby and am never happier than when I'm at the beach.  I take any and every opportunity to swim and can just about battle any current within a certain range of force.  Range = not too strong.  Height isn't so much of an issue; I can swim under the wave and follow it, much like you would with surfing. 

HOWEVER, here, the waves were HELLA STRONG!!  Bf wouldn't even venture into the ocean, and I almost got pulled away.  It was a shame that we only discovered "Lovers Beach" on our 2nd last day there.  For a $10 water taxi fare, you can boat over here and swim in the ocean just 5 minutes away.  Eff.  I LOVED it.  Bf even got some great pics, which I will try to share.

I can't say enough about our resort - the RIU.  F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!  LOVES IT!  Have you ever stayed there??

What'd I miss while I was gone?  I've been trying to get up to date via the blogroll, but can't seem to do so in quicktime.  So, leave me a love below and tell me your stories!!!


Hugs,

*Canadian Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment