Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mascara Review

Executive Protector
I’m still trying out mascaras, as you will remember from this post.  

Lately, I’ve been trying out two which seem to be the crowd favourite among beauty bloggers:

Covergirl Lashblast

L’Oreal Voluminous

*both are in the waterproof formula


I haven’t really noticed a difference in terms of the volume or curl hold that either gives me.  Both last all day and keep my lashes looking plush and juicy.  They’re great, except for two cons:

The Lashblast does NOT wash off.  I’ve researched, and this seems to be a common problem and I’ve tried everything short of an eye-wash station in a lab to wash it off.  That sucker isn’t coming off.

The Voluminous does not come in a waterproof formula with the curling brush.



Now, I do have a favourite, and I’m with the crowd on this one: Voluminous.  That’s not to say that I will never use the Lashblast; I think it would be great for a beach day, or on a vacay where you’re in and out of the pool or sweating lots.  But for everyday, the Voluminous is the winner, hands down.

Why? 

  • it holds a curl
  • it makes my lashes luscious
  • it washes off easily


I’m not a huge mascara snob, but those are my three main wants, and this mascara does it for me.  BUT, I’m unsure if I like this better than the L’Oreal Collagen.  I will have to try both {I know I have, but I mean right at the same time, or perhaps one on each eye} and review.  Is that something you’d want me to do?

Lemme know in the comments below {Unintentional rhyme.  Apologies}. 



Hugs,
*Canadian Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment