Monday, May 17, 2010

Re-Jiggy Budget.

As promised, I played with my budget #s this weekend.  Looks like I'm going to have extra money, despite the condo fees rising.

I will be starting accounts for:

- Tax
- Mortgage
- Retirement

The Tax account will be a backup, as I have to pay quarterly installments for my property taxes - I think I'll just use a basic savings account at my bank, since I'll need the money pretty readily when the payments come due {ING direct TFSAs take a while to withdraw dollaz}.  Mortgage will be like the Tax account in that it will be savings for a lump sum payment on the mortgage once a year.  I'll plop it in a TFSA with ING, which I already have, since I won't need it but once a year.  Retirement savings will be in an RRSP at my bank.  I think this is the best way to do it, or should I do a TFSA??  Lemme know your thoughts.

The Misc savings account will def be a regular old savings account, unless it starts to get larger, in which case I'll throw it in one of my TFSA's {ie. when I'm saving for something...}.  This way, I can access it as needed.

Without further aidiu, here you go:




What are your thoughts on the retirement account - RRSP vs TFSA?  Keep in mind I'm in my early 20s.  Any budgety re-jiggy suggestions?


Hugs,

*Canadian Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment