Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In Need of a Little Inspiration

I'll confess: I'm in debt.

We aren't talking huge debt here.  We're talking only about $3,000 left.  That's down from approximately $13,000 when I left university a while ago.  I've been living on $70/week to try to pay it all off, while working full time, studying and renting a condo in an urban, expensive city. 

This has been a HUGE weight on my shoulders.  Now that I'm coming to the final stretch, it only seems to be getting harder and harder.  I know it's not going to take me long to pay it off, but this whole budgeting and not going out while being young and supposedly fun thing is getting a little old.  I want to live already.

The worst thing is that this debt isn't as a result of required expenses, like school or books or living expenses while away at university.  No.  It's my own frivolous spending and desire to always have the best that got me here.  I'm so ashamed that my parents have no idea.  They think I have thousands of dollars in savings, when I'm in the hole.  I can't hide this much longer.  It's really starting to tear away at me. 

As the title says, I need a little inspiration right now.  I look to one of my favourite bloggers FB over at Fabulously Broke whenever I need a little inspiration; if she can do it, so can I.  See her latest post below this one.

I'm hanging by a string.  Eff.


Hugs,

*Canadian Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment