Tuesday, December 1, 2009

*Canadian Girl's Currently Loving...




I thought to change it up a little, that I’d do a post on a few of my favourite fashion items of late. Still keepin’ it anonymous, but listing what I’m currently loving as we come to the end of 2009.



Leggings.



I’ll admit. I was never one to think this trend would ever take for me, at least as an adult. I remember the days of slouch socks and leggings with a tie dyed t-shirt just for the added fashion effect. Neva, eva thought I’d ever see the day that I wore them.


*photo courtesy of thefashionpolice.net*




Louis Vuitton. 



Ok. This isn’t really a “current” love, so much as it’s a life-long obsession. I have 2 bags and a wallet, with plenty of room for more once my budget allows. If I could, I’d live in a shack with just my bags. For real. Yes, I own the Neverfull, posted here. Do I own it in all three sizes? Unfortunately, no.






Chanel Sunglasses.     

WANT! I die. These are gorge - the Chanel 5080s. I believe my fave pair thus far belong to Maegan over at ...Love Maegan. See one of her awesome Completely Gratuitous Outfit posts here, Chanel sunnies included.







Skinny jeans.  

H’ok. I’m relatively skinny. I’m roughly 5’9” and 130 lbs soaking wet. I have suuuuuper skinny ankles and I hate them. That said, it’s a logical deduction that skinny jeans would only accentuate said skinny ankles. BUT, after desiring to change up my rare going out nights with some new jeans, I decided to buy a pair of skinnies from the GAP. Right in my price range (for skinnies, NOT regular jeans) at about $25 on sale, they’ve singlehandedly changed my view on skinny jeans. Dressed up with a pair of heels, or dressed down with flats, they can take you from day to night instantly. Oh, and if you get some stretch, they can be super comfy too!

*image courtesy of polyvore.com*







Uggs.   


Just ordered another pair online. Actually, I ordered these: the Bailey Button. LOVE! Can’t wait to wear ‘em. I know they call them uggs for a reason, but whatev. They’re comfortable and somewhat stylish. Deal with it.





 Tory Burch flats.
Again, WANT! I can’t rationalize another pair of flats just yet. But when I can, these are what I’ll buy. They are fab AND comfy. What more could I want? The little embellishment on the toes? So cute. Plus, I'll admit I do have a little Girl Crush on Lauren Conrad.


*image courtesy of fabsugar.com*






Christian Louboutins.

As I said earlier, I’m tall. I’m not quite an amazon, but I’m on the border. In my work environment, I have to be dressed professionally ALL THE TIME. This involves heels, usually of the well polished and stylish variety. I am ALWAYS face to face or even about an inch taller than some of the men I work with. This is often intimidating and can either work to my advantage or work against me. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’ll likely always have to shop for a lower heeled shoe, but secretly I desire for these sky high Loubies. Really. These are the days I wish I was 5’2” just so I could rock some uber sexy sky high Loubies and feel like a million bucks. The mere act of wearing the shoes makes you feel luxurious and powerful. I’ve decided I might see if I can get a plain black leather, low heeled version on one of my trips to Holt’s once I’ve saved enough. The high price-tag makes frugal me shudder a little a lot, and I feel as though buying the “practical” black ones may ease my pain a bit.







The Boyfriend Sweater.
Though currently boyfriend-less, this is definitely a trend I am loving. Wouldn’t this be perfect with a pair of Loubies? I think Tiffany at I am Style-ish rocks it best with skinnies and some Gucci heels. Check her look out here.



*image courtesy of polyvore.com*





That's it for now. Back to work. Ugh. Le sigh.



Hugs,

*Canadian Girl


PS***

Date boy from the other day texted back. His phone broke. Whee! A little giddy.


PPS***

Why is the font different for the Chanel sunnies, you ask?  I don't know.  It's just showing that way.  It's a sign.  I have to buy them.  Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment