Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If You Can Dodge a Wrench, You Can Dodge a Ball.

I've taken up dodgeball.  More as an extra-curricular get-me-out-of-the-condo sort of thing, not necessarily as a sport.

I am, however, loving it!  We play every Monday night and it's a team made up of some work colleagues and some acquaintances I've made thru those very work colleagues.

It's great exercise and my pitchin' arm really hurts!!  Last week, since we only had 2/3 girls in attendance and at least 2 have to be on the court each game, I played for the entire hour.  What a workout!  I didn't play as much last night, but it was still crazy fun and I'm loving my choice to get on up and dodge those balls.


                                                     pic from www. lazygeek.com

No, we don't have fun outfits like that.  BUT, I am thinking of using an old skool Bedazzler to make us some jerseys.  Bad idea?


*Side note: we played a team named Globo Gym last night.  I didn't make the connection that it was NOT an actual gym and instead from the movie Dodgeball until I was looking up pictures for this post.  Eff.  I'm an idiot.


Hugs,

*Canadian Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment